People definitely like to talk and listen. But stuttering is a problem that hinders our society from functioning properly and properly. Stuttering even when speaking normally creates an embarrassing situation.
The English word for stuttering is Dysphemia or Stammering. Stuttering is the inadvertent utterance of a word or syllable or prolongation of a sound while speaking normally.
Stuttering is a kind of disease. People who stutter call them stutters. Stuttering people get stuck trying to utter a word while speaking.
Stuttering people feel uncomfortable talking in public, do not want to ask anyone Always wrapped up for fear of being laughed at by others.
They like to be alone, in seclusion. To many, life seems depressing and miserable.
What is Stuttering?
Stuttering because of being stuck in the beginning or not being able to correct the pronunciation, mispronouncing some letters, or not being able to pronounce the consonants.
It is caused by the brain and tongue. People who have short tongues from birth have this problem. Again, those who are scared, nervous, or try to speak loudly, their words are vague or they stutter.
The scientific explanation states that "stuttering is a problem in which the limbs, such as the tongue, palate, throat muscles, etc., are out of control.
Types of stuttering
It is normal for children to stutter when talking. If you don't speak clearly or stutter as you get older, it is a matter of concern. Stuttering can be caused by a number of reasons, or there are several types. There 4 types of Stuttering can be seen.
- Brain pressure
Kids can't speak clearly. As they grow older, their physical growth, brain development, is a common occurrence. The mistakes that children make in the family should usually affect their future.
Even if there is a stutter in the family, there is always the possibility of a person stuttering. Children are especially affected if parents or loved ones stutter.
3. Brain pressure
Excessive stress on the brain weakens a person's speech. This problem occurs when you are afraid or talk in a hurry. Or stuttering if there is a serious brain injury or stroke.
Stuttering can also occur due to a lack of proper development of the brain. Some may stutter due to lack of nutrition or lack of education.
Because the stuttering habit of childhood is also due to not correcting it. Stuttering is also caused by a complex disease that impairs or impairs the speech-controlling parts of the brain.
The cause of stuttering
To date, no specific cause of stuttering has been discovered. However, some hypothetical causes have been identified. E.g.
1. Difficulty of the vocal cord. People speak with the help of vocal cords. The vocal cords are a part of these vocal cords. The vibration of the vocal cords produces sound. If the vocal cords are harder than usual and do not vibrate properly, stuttering can occur.
2. When speaking, different organs are required such as tongue, palate, throat muscles, larynx, lungs, etc. These organs produce sound through the continuous work of different nerves in the brain so that we can talk.
3. Human speech is controlled by many other parts of the brain, including the frontal lobe. When these parts lose control or become weak due to any reason, the ability to speak normally is lost. This is why the stuttering problem occurs.
4. Hereditary causes can cause stuttering. If the parents have the stuttering disease, this disease can occur in the case of the child.
5. Stuttering problems can also occur due to severe head injuries in childhood. Because head injuries can cause severe damage to nerve cells in the brain.
6. Stuttering problems can occur in children when they are forced to learn to speak quickly when they are learning to speak. Again, many parents force children to pronounce words quickly. This is also a big reason for stuttering children.
7. Stuttering can also be caused by a variety of diseases, such as stroke, traumatic brain injury, Alzheimer's, dementia, Gulenbari's syndrome, motor neuron disease, schizophrenia, personality disorder, angioedema, and toxemia.
This is a problem that embarrasses people. Due to stuttering, the thoughts of the mind cannot be expressed properly. The other side is annoyed or has to stop itself due to a lack of confidence.
- The same word has to be repeated.
- Sh, S, Sh's tension in the pronunciation.
- Hesitating or pausing between words.
- Speaking takes a long time or stuck.
- Being unable to speak or depressed as a result of stress on the brain.
- Never try to make a sound without trying to pronounce it.
- Shortness of breath, fear of speaking as a result of choking.
Sudden Stuttering in Adults
Many have been stuttering since childhood. But how can people cope with stuttering in middle age! In this case, you have to try to overcome the obstacles without wrapping yourself up.
Most people in Germany stutter. Also, many famous people or scientists were stuttering. The famous scientist and philosopher Aristotle, the British writer George Bernard Shaw, the scientist Newton they were all speech impaired.
There are many such victims. Victims will gradually get rid of the problem through the self-help group.
It is better to follow the advice of a doctor for any disease or problem. And stuttering is a problem that has no known cause or cure. However, stuttering can be prevented through some exercises. Stuttering therapy for adults
- Try to stay away from stressful activities. Because stuttering is also due to stress.
- Eat more nutritious food. Such as milk, eggs, meat, dates, nuts, vegetables and drink plenty of water.
- You have to be slow and steady all the time. You can't be in a hurry to talk. Try to keep the brain active.
- Fear will not be found. Keep your head cool.
- One should try to speak correctly.
- Can't speak clearly or is better without their company.
- Speak softly. stuttering block treatment
- Talking loudly.
- If necessary, take the advice of a doctor.
Stuttering/ Fluency Therapy
According to experts, "stuttering therapy can be done well. There are three types of stuttering therapy
- Individual therapy.
- Group therapy.
- Counseling therapy.
These therapies reduce the patient's rate of speech, adjust the breathing pattern, reduce muscle tension, and increase morale.
If this problem can be relieved through practice, then the advice of a doctor or trainer should be followed. Only then is it possible to get rid of the problem?
Stuttering Problem - Symptoms - Treatment
Written By: Sumaiya Mim